North Fulton Community Charities (NFCC) is our closet partner ministry — literally! Located just around the corner on Elkins Road, NFCC “is a non-profit human service agency dedicated to preventing homelessness of individuals residing north of the Chattahoochee River in Fulton County (Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Milton, Mountain Park and Roswell). NFCC assists families with basic needs such as food, rent and utilities, clothing, and adult education classes during short term emergencies.
In addition to providing financial and in-kind support to NFCC, we also have numerous members who volunteer there on a regular basis. Our youth also assist annually with the Santa Workshop, distributing gifts to families in need. Food drives and special collections occur on a seasonal basis including:
- Congregational food drives to support the NFCC Food Pantry
- Ongoing financial support through the budget, special fund raisers, and the COL Endowment
- Backpacks & school supplies collection for the Back to School Drive
- Coat collection for the NFCC Warm Coat Drive
- Collection and distribution of gifts from the Angel tree to NFCC’s Santa’s Workshop
- High School & Confirmation Youth helping to organize clothing & other donations
- Annual NFCC Thanksgiving Food Drive.
Cross of Life also refers people to NFCC when they come to the church seeking financial assistance. Why? Because they are experts at what they do and have a far greater understanding of the community resources available to help.