“Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest heaven!” shouted the crowd as Jesus entered Jerusalem.
- Why did the people gather that day?
- What were they hoping to see?
- What did they want Jesus to do for them?
They all seemed excited to see him – waving their palm branches and shouting “Hosanna!” which means “Save us now!”
- From what did they think they would be saved?
- What were they expecting Jesus to do?
What would they have said to Jesus that day?
- We want healing and are here to see more miracles!
- We’re angry about the Romans ruling our city! We hate Herod and the things his family does!
- Everywhere you look, our spiritual leaders look down on us and tell us what to do. We’re tired of the rules!
- Or maybe they though Jesus would save them from spiritual bondage and thought they would never leave his side.