Sunday school for children is a fun and vibrant part of our ministry at Cross of Life! Our dedicated volunteers do a wonderful job of passing on our faith in caring and age-appropriate ways. Children deepen their knowledge of the Bible and their faith, make valuable friendships with Christian friends, and get to know caring adults who support them in their faith formation. We begin Sunday School when children enter Kindergarten.
Start the registration process at the bottom of this page.
2022-23 Sunday School Classes
|Pre-K and Kindergarten||Montessori Room (downstairs)|
|1st Grade and 2nd Grade||Montessori Room (downstairs)|
|3rd Grade through Fifth Grade||Multiage Room (MAR across from Music Room)|
Sunday School meets during Connections Hour, from 10-10:45 a.m. on Sunday mornings. We meet starting a few weeks after school begins in August, and continue until May with a few weeks off during Winter Break. For more specific details about the calendar, please contact our Children’s Ministry team leader at childrens @ crossoflifelutheran . org.
Registration and Sign In
For everyone’s safety, children 2nd grade and younger must be signed in and out of class by a parent or another approved adult. You may designate other adults authorized to sign your child in and out of Sunday School on the registration form, which is available at the link above. Thank you for complying with this policy and keeping our kids safe.
Our Sunday School Curriculum is “Spark Lectionary” published by 1517 Media (ELCA). It accompanies the Revised Common Lectionary, so that children hear the same story in Sunday School as they do in worship. This allows whole families to engage in the same scripture each week.
Options while your child is in Sunday school
- If your child is hesitant and would feel more comfortable having a parent in the classroom, you are welcome to be there. Anyone who is spending time in our classrooms regularly will be asked to go through our volunteer screening process and is expected to support the whole classroom in addition to your own child.
- We have options open to adults year round designed to deepen your faith and expand your knowledge about the Bible. Setting the example of engaging in your own faith is one of the most valuable ways you can invest in your child(ren)’s faith!
- Chancel Choir for adults meets at the same time as Sunday School; visitors are welcome!
- Please fill out the form below.
- Then to complete the registration process, download, print, and complete the media release form and registration form. Return them to the church office or email them to childrens @ crossoflifelutheran.org or to Crystal. (You do not need to complete a media release form unless you need to update your information or haven’t filled one out.)