One of the greatest privileges of life together as a faith community is watching our children grow into young men and women of faith. During Middle School, their brains are developing abstract thinking skills, and they are starting to make their own decisions about what they believe. In the Confirmation program, we walk alongside them through this time of growth.
The goal of our confirmation program is to prepare our young people for Affirmation of Baptism, a special opportunity for them to stand in front of the congregation and profess their faith as they grow in maturity and independence. Our program is designed to help them understand how God is calling them through baptism to live out their faith in their daily lives with prayer, scripture, worship, personal integrity, and service to their family, friends, local community and global community.
While learning about our faith is a central component, their experience would be incomplete without service, fellowship, worship, and ‘mountaintop experiences’ (retreats or trips which combine the other elements). See more about these activities on our Middle School Youth page.
Details about Confirmation at Cross of Life
- Confirmation is a two-year program for 7th and 8th graders.
- Study: Our classes meet on Sundays from 10-11:00 a.m.
- Worship expectations:
- Attend worship regularly with their families
- Serve on a rotating basis as acolytes and crucifers
- Complete six ‘Worship Notes’ worksheets over the course of each year.
- the Affirmation of Baptism service is always on Pentecost Sunday (six weeks after Easter).
- Confirmation students are expected to attend some Middle School Youth events and attend Affirm at least once.
- Nothing we do in a few hours a week can compare to the lifetime of love and care you provide. Therefore, setting an example of actively living out your faith is vitally important to instilling faith in the next generation. Visit our Adult Ministry page to find out more about what we offer, and consider ways that you can serve the congregation and the community alongside your confirmand.
Contact us for more detailed information; we would love to watch your youth grow in faith!