The COL Youth are preparing Care Packages for our young adults and we need your help to fill the boxes up! Young adults are an important part of our faith community, even though we don’t get to see many of them on a regular basis.
Please help us extend the ministry of Cross of Life to remind them that they are loved and remembered by their faith community as they study, work, form new relationships, and make important decisions about their future.
Place items in the donation box labeled Care Package in the Donation Station no later than October 1st. Packages will arrive at their destinations the week before Thanksgiving.
This year we will be preparing 26 packages; please bring at least 5 of the item you choose or you can sponsor a package for $10.00 which will help with the shipping costs. Make your check payable to COL and write “Care Package” in the memo line.
Please turn in a receipt or a cost estimate to Deacon Mary Houck so we can track how much this project costs. Special thanks to Thrivent Financial for awarding us an Action Team grant to help cover postage!
Please choose an item from the list of suggestions, or pick up a reminder from the display in the Fellowship Hall. Thank you for your generosity!
- Tea, hot cocoa, or coffee
- Easy Mac or other instant noodles
- Cereal, instant oatmeal
- Cough drops, Vitamin C packets
- Lip balm, tissues, other toiletry items
- Playing cards or small games
- Laundry detergent pods
- Candy or gum
- Small bottle of hot sauce
- Drink Mix packets (small containers or individual serving size)
- Scarves and slipper socks
- Non-perishable snacks in single serving packages such as: cookies, popcorn, goldfish, snack crackers, Chex mix, fruit snacks, chocolate-hazelnut spread, peanut butter, jerky, granola or energy bars, dried fruit, nuts, trail mix, etc.
(The ‘lunchbox’ section is a good place to shop for these!)